- “They must be really bad if even Hitler wouldn’t use them.” Ezra Klein interviews Dick Price on chemical weapons.
- “It is a calculated political decision. But it has nearly nothing to do with constitutional obeisance.” William Howell on the logic of handing Syria over to Congress.
- “A smaller atomic arsenal isn’t just wishful thinking, it’s bad strategy.” Matt Kroenig on American nuclear disarmament.
- “This is total, complete, nonsense, and betrays a deep lack of understanding — or perhaps a lack of support — for the U.S. political system.” Jonathan Bernstein on Senator McCain’s argument that Congress overruling the president would set a dangerous precedent.
- “Armed drones have serious limitations, and the situation in Syria lays them bare. They are only useful where the United States has unfettered access to airspace, a well-defined target, and a clear objective. In Syria, the United States lacks all three.” Audrey Kurth Cronin on why drones are absent from the discussions over Syria.