* “Are events in Russia beginning to resemble those of the early perestroika period?”:http://www.rferl.org/content/The_August_Revolution/2144683.html
* “Continuing bad news for Democrats on the generic ballot”:http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/31/the-democrats-new-normal/ and “advice from political scientists on how to translate generic ballot polls into election outcomes”:http://www.apsanet.org/~lss/Newsletter/jan07/Bafumi.pdf
* A great display of “century old _color_ pictures from Russia”:http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/08/russia_in_color_a_century_ago.html
* Very excited to see “Messi, David Villa, and Iniesta get goals in Barcelona’s opener”:http://soccernet.espn.go.com/match?id=301887&cc=5901 as well as “Diego Forlan picking up where he left off last summer for Athletico Madrid”:http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=301954&cc=5901&league=ESP.1
* Does anyone else think that the “Dodgers complaining about Manny Ramirez”:http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=5512674 is sort of like getting upset that the person you are currently dating is cheating on you if your relationship with that person started because they were cheating on someone else with you?