- “Russian President Dmitry Medvedev may (or may not!) be emerging as a genuine competitor for power in Russia to Prime Minister Vladimir Putin”:http://www.rferl.org/content/power_struggles_and_polemics/3551610.html.
- The Arab Spring continues: At least 250 people have been killed and more than 1,000 injured in Syria since anti-government protests began in the country last month, according to Damascus-based human rights lawyer Haitham al-Maleh.
- Over in Yemen, the opposition rejected on Monday a Gulf Arab initiative for President Ali Abdullah Saleh to step down, because it appeared to offer him immunity from prosecution, while Saleh welcomed the plan.
- Oksana Balinskaya, one of Qadafi’s now famous Ukrainian nurses tells all in Newsweek#.
- Debate rages on about whether there actually was a gay caveman in the Czech Republic.
We now return you to your normally scheduled debate over the size of the US deficit….